Sunday, November 26, 2017



The second project was particularly challenging for me, and that was to come up with a concept for a gif. I decided to use AfterEffects as the vehicle to get this project done which may have been a bad choice, seeing as to how I had never worked with this program before. None the less, as you can see that I 'got it done,' it is technically speaking, incomplete.

My initial idea was for balloons drifting into the air, spelling out "harmony" as my chosen word. In the end, it was agreed upon between myself and my the instructor to come up with more of a narrative to the piece, hence adding the little girl.

As I progressed in adding more details I animated the girls legs and then added the birds ontop of that. At this point, the multiple layers required for the multiple birds began to be very tedious to animate. Its possible that there was an AfterEffects shortcut that I wasnt aware of, but I animated each wing of each bird individually. I was trying to create a random, natural movement and ended up spending the majority of the time just on the birds.

Since this was my first time using AfterEffects I had no idea what I was getting myself into, so unfortunately I wasn't able to finish the entire gif to my liking. The gif was supposed to have her float away with the balloons and then drop, with a changed facial expression. Despite this, I think the gif is a good potential to furthering the concept.

No comments:

Post a Comment